Bisque Imports / That's Darling Technique Sheet
That's Darling Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Our darling little mug pairs perfectly with the lovely colors of Colorobbia (and coffee, too!)
2778 Darling Mug
8001 Circle " Decorative Stickies
BLS908-8 Black Swan
BLS911-8 Pink Poodle
BLS912-8 Golden Pinkini
BLS913-8 Golden Rose Bonbon
BLS914-8 Creme De La Creme
BLS916-8 Papa Bear
BLS929-8 Blue Hawaii
R2170-4 Aqualon Filbert #4
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Fine Tip Sharpie
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Fill in the heart with 3 coats of Lollipop.
3. On the surface of the mug around the heart, firmly attach Circle ¾" Decorative Stickies.
4. Paint the mug surface and handle with 3 coats of Creme De La Creme. Once completely dry, carefully remove Decorative Stickies.
5. Use a Filbert brush and 1 coat of Papa Bear to add small, fragmented brushstrokes along the bottom edge of mug.
6. Paint the inside of the mug with 3 coats of Blue Hawaii.
7. Across the heart, use a fine tip Sharpie to lightly sketch "love" in a cursive font type.
8. Use a detail brush and Golden Rose Bonbon to trace over the "L" and "V," and Golden Pinkini to trace over "O" and "E."
9. Use a detail brush and Black Swan to faintly outline each of the letters. Let dry.
10. Add a border of small dots around the heart, using a detail brush and Pink Poodle. Let dry.
11. Once completed, dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |