Assorted Royal Brushes EZ Dotz Sponge Pencil Ruler Contact Paper Scissors Straight Pin 'Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾ inch masking tape
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. To divide the plate into three sections, sketch a horizontal line four inches from the bottom. Next, sketch a line 2 Â¾ inches from the right side of the plate.
3. Using the template provided, trace the Easter Bunny and carrots onto contact paper and cut out.
4. Apply contact paper shapes to bisque platter to mask while painting background. The Easter Bunny can be placed in the top left section, while the carrots can be placed in the top right.
5. Brush on a wash of Light Blue Spruce in the Easter Bunny section. As that dries, paint thin wispy strokes of Green Apple along the bottom of the section. For darker accents, use Dark Kiwi. Remove the Easter Bunny mask with a straight pin.
6. Paint the bunny nose, bow, belly, and feet in Bright Pink. With a thin liner brush, outline the bunny in Bright Black. Tip: for advanced painters, shade with a thin coat of Bright Grey.
7. Paint the top right section with 2-3 coats of Light Saffron. Lift the carrot shapes with a straight pin.
8. To paint your carrots, use 2-3 solid coats of Bright Tangerine and Dark Kiwi. Accent with Dark Black.
9. Using 3/4 inch tape, place vertical stripes of tape on the bottom section of the piece. Paint the area with a Bright Pink wash.
10. Once dry, remove the stripes of tape. Paint the words Treats for the Easter Bunny in Dark Black on top of your stripes.
11. Use EZ Dotz to make a dot border in the middle.
12. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze. Fire to cone 06.