Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the bottom 2/3 of the piece with three coats of Mediterranean Olive.
3. Paint the top half of the piece, including the rim, with three coats of Sagebrush, overlapping the two colors in the middle section.
4. To create an ikat design, simply paint a jagged outline of a diamond using Mediterranean Olive near the top of one side. Then, paint a jagged, smaller diamond just inside the first outline. Repeat this design around the piece, alternating between Mediterranean Olive and Pumpkin Spice.
5. Paint the inside with three solid coats of Sagebrush.
6. Paint thin, small stripes and thin rectangles around the rim using a detail brush and Pumpkin Spice.
7. Once dry, dip in Pure Briliance and fire to Cone 06.