Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Freehand swirly waves onto the fish platter with a pencil. At the narrow peak of each wave, add a circle or heart design.
3. Paint 2-3 coats of Ginger Sprinkles in the negative areas between the waves. Add 2-3 coats of the color of your choice to the shapes at the end of each swirl.
4. Use various sized square and round brushes to make a mosaic pattern inside of each wave. Vary the colors to add interest. The Bright Saffron and Neon Orange make excellent highlights. Only one coat is necessary.
5. Outline each wave with a thin stroke of Bright Sapphire.
6. Let Dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze. Fire to cone 06.
Tip: At the end of each swirl where it is most narrow add a circle or a heart. The Bright Saffron and Neon Orange shapes were strategically placed to look like the eye and heart of the fish!