What A Hoot Technique Sheet
|We've combined one of our favorite bisque shapes with bold, beautiful, Acrylic colors. Try it for a quick make-and-take project!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
We've combined one of our favorite bisque shapes with bold, beautiful, Acrylic colors. Try it for a quick make-and-take project!
1221 Hoot Bank
RAA-5110 Cadmium Red
RAA-5143 Cerulean Blue
RAA-5118 Naples Yellow
RAA-5111 Naptholene Carmine
RAA-5112 Pthalocaynine Blue
RAA-5121 Titanium White
RAA-5102 Yellow Ochre
R10WELLP 10 Well Palette
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. First paint eyes and wings in Naples Yellow.
3. Mix Cerulean Blue with just a hint of Titanium White. Paint the body with this color. As you paint the owl's belly, add in some Gold to create a sense of depth and texture. Leave beak and feet plain for next step.
4. Next, paint the beak and feet in Yellow Ochre.
5. Now it's time for the details! Using the Naptholene Carmine, starting at the top of the wing, create scallops across the wing. Skip a row, and add a second line of scallops.
6. While the scallops are drying, go ahead and add the Pthalocaynine Blue dots around the eyes. TIP: Use the rounded end of a Royal Brush to give you perfect dots.
7. Now the scallops should be dry and ready for the next layer. Using the Pthalocaynine Blue, create a smaller set of scallops on top of the Naptholene Carmine ones.
8. In the blank space on his wings between rows of scallops, add Gold dots with the back of your paint brush to create more detail.
9. On top of the Pthalocaynine Blue scallops, add tiny Titanium White dots on the top, center of the scallop. Outline the edge of the Cadmium Red scallop in Titanium White dots as well.
10. Add Cadmium Red dots on top of the Pthalocaynine Blue dots around the eyes. Using the Pthalocaynine Blue, create dots in the center of the dots to create eyes .
11. While the owl dries, add in Gold hair and eyebrows, accented with Pthalocaynine Blue above the eyes.
12. Finish up by adding Titanium White to the center of the eyes.
13. Let dry and Enjoy!
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |