Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Contact Paper Detail Brush Marker Scissors Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut out the feather silk screen, leaving a wide border around the image. Position along the inside edge of the bowl, then secure one side using ¾" Art Tape.
3. Apply a small amount of Black Licorice to your palette. Dip your finger in the French Dimensions color, then rub the color into small areas of the screen image at a time. Dab and smooth the paint into the screen until all areas are filled with color.
4. Once completed, gently lift and remove the silk screen and art tape. Immediately rinse the silk screen off to remove any glaze.
5. Repeat step #3 and #4 3 additional times along the bowl's inside edge.
6. Using the template provided, sketch 4 feather silhouette shapes onto contact paper. Cut out each shape, remove the protective backing, then adhere each feather around the outside surface of the bowl.
7. Paint the outside surface of the bowl with 3-4 coats of Stormy Sky. Let dry.
8. Once dry, remove the contact paper feather shapes.
9. On the inside of the bowl, for each feather silk screen design, fill in scattered sections of each design using Apricot Stone, Golden Pinktini, Mermaid's Song, and Limelicious. Leave any dotted sections of the screen design unpainted.
10. Fill in the stem on each feather design using a detail brush and Deep Blue Sea. Let dry.
11. Touch up any silk screen design lines with a detail brush and Black Swan, if needed.
12. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.