Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use a textured sponge to sponge the outside of the mug with Light Grape.
3. Paint the outer circle of each eye with 3 coats of Dark Honeysuckle. Paint the inner eye circles with 3 coats of Dark Black.
4. Paint the beak with 2 coats of Bright Briarwood.
5. Paint an oval shape on the owl's stomach with 3 coats of Light Papaya.
6. On the painted stomach area, use a detail brush to paint wavy concentric circles with 2-3 coats of Bright Briarwood. Once dry, use 3 coats of Light Ivy to paint 3 leaves along the outermost circle. Outline and accent each leaf with a detail brush and Bright Briarwood.
7. Paint the toes of the owl with 3 coats of Bright Brown.
8. Paint each wing with 3 coats of Bright Tidepool. Once dry, use a detail brush and Dark Black to paint 4 ruffled rows extending across each wing.
9. Paint the inside of the mug with 3 coats of Bright Brown.