Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Assorted Pasta Noodles Black Ultra-Fine Sharpie Contact Paper Scissors Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Have a variety of dry pasta noodles available, to be used as stamps. For this project, we used angel hair, linguine, and lasagna pasta. Also try: cartwheels, fettuccine, farfalle, rotini, tortellini, and other different pasta shapes.
3. Use a fine black Sharpie to sketch "YUM" in block letters onto contact paper.
4. Cut out each letter, remove the sticky backing, then firmly adhere each letter to tile surface.
5. Use a fine black Sharpie to separate tile into three sections.
6. Paint the outer two sections with 3 coats of Light Butternut. If desired, use Art Tape to create straight edges. Once dry, remove Art Tape.
7. Paint the middle section with 3 coats of Light Sapphire. Let dry.
8. Dip the assorted pasta noodles into the colors of your choice, then use as stamps on the tile surface to create your own background in each section. Let dry.
9. Remove each letter template. With 2-3 coats of Dark Black, fill in each letter.
10. Paint the tile edges and backside with 3 coats of Dark Grape. Let dry.
11. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
TIP: Drill holes and add beads to make it a plaque, or attach command strips to hang from a wall!