Bisque Imports / Zen Koi Technique Sheet
Zen Koi Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Channel your inner zen with this cool serving bowl design!
622 Koi Bowl
9599 Hydra Art Sponge
CN041-8 Light Papaya
CN043-8 Dark Papaya
CN151-8 Light Blue Spruce
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN506-8 Neon Coral
FD258 Pure White
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the textured outer surface and bottom surface of the bowl with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean. Allow paint to dry slightly.
3. Using a damp Hydra Art Sponge, wipe the textured area of the bowl so that paint remains only within the design crevices. Allow surface to dry completely.
4. Use 2-3 coats of Light Blue Spruce to paint the textured outer surface of the bowl. Let dry.
5. On the inside surface, use a detail or liner brush to fill in the background water area with 3 coats of Light Blue Spruce. Let dry.
6. On each koi fish, paint the scales with 3 coats of Light Papaya.
7. Paint the head of each koi fish with 3 coats of Dark Papaya. Leave the center spot on each koi fish head unpainted white.
8. Paint the side and tail fins and the spine line of each koi fish with 3 coats of Neon Coral. Let dry.
9. Use 3 coats of Dark Black to fill in the eyes and barbels on each koi fish. Let dry.
10. Once dry, add Pure White reflection dots to the eyes of each fish.
11. Sponge the rim of the bowl using 3 coats of Neon Coral and a Hydra Art Sponge.
12. If desired, use a liner or detail brush to outline and accent various parts of the fish with Dark Black.
13. Allow project to dry completely, then dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |